WordPress Hands-On Training
Come and take advantage of this live WordPress hands-on training workshop where you will learn a great deal on how to build your own website using WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is An open source software designed to create professional and attractive looking websites.
• Learn how to build a high quality, functional website with WordPress templates in no time at all!
• Save time and money by building your own website and managing changes.
• Market your products and services on a professional website you build yourself!
Remember that more knowledge, more power and power leads to success!!! To Learn WordPress with this Hands-On Training Click Here
WordPress Hands-On Training Course Syllabus
Module 1: Setting Up Self-Hosted WordPress.org
• Buy a Domain Name
• Choose a Host for Your Website
• Install WordPress Via Your Host’s Automatic Installation
Module 2: Choose Your Self-Hosted Website Settings
• Log On to the WordPress Dashboard
• Review the Dashboard and General Settings
• Install your New Theme
Module 3: Know Your Blog’s Dashboard in Detail
• Customize and Navigate the Dashboard
• Review the Writing Settings
• Introducing the WYSIWYG Editor and Tool Bar
• Introducing the HTML Editor and Tool Bar
• Add Formatting to Your Text
• Write and Publish a Page
• Edit or Delete a Page
• Add Text Hyperlinks to Your Page
Module 4: Create Visual and Audio Content
• Prepared Images for Uploading
• Upload and Insert an Image While Posting
• Insert Images from Web Sources
• Insert Images into Media Library
• Insert an Image Gallery
• Link to YouTube Videos
WordPress Hands-on Training Course Syllabus (Continued)
Module 5: Extend Your Options with Widgets and Plugins
• Introducing Widgets and Plugins
• Choose and Insert a Widget
• Add Sidebar Items Using HTML in a Text Widget
• Find Plugins
• Install and Activate a Plugin
Module 6: Make Your Web Page Content Appealing
• Edit What You Write
• Use Typography to Enhance Posts
• Use Images to Enhance Posts
• Customizing Heater Art with a Built-in-Tool
Module 7: Use WordPress for Content Management
• Use a Static Page as Your Home Page
• Add Google Ads to Your Site
• Add Amazon Affiliate Ads to Your Site
Module 8: Maintain Your WordPress Website
• Update WordPress Automatically
• Update WordPress Manually
• Install Plugin Upgrades
Prerequisites for this WordPress Hands-On Training Course
1. Know how to use a computer and are a fast learner.
2. Have good experience managing Microsoft Office Tools like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
3. Have your business ready, a clear idea of why you will like to have a website and what for.
4. You have your business logo and/or a clear idea of your business image. You will use our hosting & domain in class but we can assist you with your website.
**NOTE: Prior to Arriving at the Course (Pre-requisites):
1. Have a laptop able to connect to a Wi-Fi connection
2. Pen and paper (tons)
3. Temporary domain provided for practice