WordPress Hands-On Workshop Miami
December 15th, 2018 | Full-Day, Live Instructor, Practice Domain and Hosting, Free Online Course Included
Come and take advantage of this live WordPress hands-on training workshop where you will learn a great deal on how to build your own website using WordPress, an open source software designed to create professional and attractive looking websites. Yes, you can build professional, practical and money-making websites!
• Learn how to build a high quality, functional website in no time at all!
• Save time and money by building your own website and managing changes.
• Market your products and services on a professional website you build yourself!
WordPress Hands-On Training Course Syllabus
Module 1: Setting Up Self-Hosted WordPress.org
• Buy a Domain Name
• Choose a Host for Your Website
• Install WordPress Via Your Host’s Automatic Installation
Module 2: Choose Your Self-Hosted Website Settings
• Log On to the WordPress Dashboard
• Review the Dashboard and General Settings
• Install your New Theme
Module 3: Know Your Blog’s Dashboard in Detail
• Customize and Navigate the Dashboard
• Review the Writing Settings
• Introducing the WYSIWYG Editor and Tool Bar
• Introducing the HTML Editor and Tool Bar
• Add Formatting to Your Text
• Write and Publish a Page
• Edit or Delete a Page
• Add Text Hyperlinks to Your Page
Module 4: Create Visual and Audio Content
• Prepared Images for Uploading
• Upload and Insert an Image While Posting
• Insert Images from Web Sources
• Insert Images into Media Library
• Insert an Image Gallery
• Link to YouTube Videos
WordPress Hands-on Training Course Syllabus (Continued)
Module 5: Extend Your Options with Widgets and Plugins
• Introducing Widgets and Plugins
• Choose and Insert a Widget
• Add Sidebar Items Using HTML in a Text Widget
• Find Plugins
• Install and Activate a Plugin
Module 6: Make Your Web Page Content Appealing
• Edit What You Write
• Use Typography to Enhance Posts
• Use Images to Enhance Posts
• Customizing Heater Art with a Built-in-Tool
Module 7: Use WordPress for Content Management
• Use a Static Page as Your Home Page
• Add Google Ads to Your Site
• Add Amazon Affiliate Ads to Your Site
Module 8: Maintain Your WordPress Website
• Update WordPress Automatically
• Update WordPress Manually
• Install Plugin Upgrades
Remember that more knowledge, more power and power leads to success!!! To Register For WordPress Hands-On Training Click Here
Prerequisites for this WordPress Hands-On Training Course
1. Know how to use a computer and are a fast learner.
2. Have good experience managing Microsoft Office Tools like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
3. Have your business ready, a clear idea of why you will like to have a website and what for.
4. You have your business logo and/or a clear idea of your business image. You will use our hosting & domain in class but we can assist you with your website.
**NOTE: Prior to Arriving at the Course (Pre-requisites):
1. Have a laptop able to connect to a Wi-Fi connection
2. Pen and paper (tons)
3. Temporary domain provided for practice
Doral Chamber of Commerce
2900 NW 112th Ave,
Doral, FL 33172 USA
Phone: (305) 477-7600 | Email: Info@DoralChamber.com
WordPress Hands-On Training Classes coming soon to Orlando, Tampa and Lakeland!!!!!